December 9, 2011
The article below was published by Fight Back News Service and is circulating the following statements from communist and workers parties in solidarity with the powerful struggle against austerity in Greece. Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO) is among the signers.
Solidarity with the working people of Greece, with PAME, and with KKE
For more than a year the Greek people, the workers and youth, members of the trade union front PAME and the Communist Party of Greece have said NO to the measures that the Greek government authorities are willing to impose on them. They are completely opposed to the fact that the bourgeois class in Greece, its governments, with the support of the EU, the IMF and the ECB, attack the people in order to bankrupt the people under the conditions of the crisis and increase the immense profits of the big financial and industrial capital.
The Greek people, the workers and youth, PAME and the Communist Party of Greece need all our solidarity. Their struggles can give us precious experience.
Greece itself is a rich country. However, the wealth is concentrated in even fewer hands. Indeed, unacceptable measures are taken against the working people. What happens now in Greece will be extended to all countries of the European Union.
In all of Europe the question is being raised: Who has to pay for the crisis of capitalism?
All European bourgeois parties – Social Democrats, Liberals, Christian Social, Conservative and Greens – are united in supporting their colleagues in Greece and the infamous measures of the EU bodies.
The governments and the European Commission are about to intensify the measures against the peoples: a general lowering of wages, generalisation of insecure working condition, a witch-hunt against all people receiving social welfare benefits…
Altogether this means the pillage of the world of workers by the world of capital.
In Greece, the workers, the youth, the ordinary people say NO. They are building a resistance that is exemplary for all Europe.
Solidarity with this resistance is our duty.
Everyone should know: today they attack the Greek working people, tomorrow it will be the turn of the Portuguese, the Spanish and the Italian people – and the day after tomorrow they attack all of us.
We are all Greeks!
Support the struggle against the shifting of the burdens of the crisis onto the shoulders of the working people!
Down with capitalism! For a socialist society!
- Communist Party of Luxembourg (KPL)
- New Communist Party of the Netherlands (NCPN)
- Workers Party of Belgium (PTB/PVDA)
- Algerian Party for Democracy and Socialism (PADS)
- Communist Party of Bangladesh
- Brazilian Communist Party
- Communist Party of Britain
- New Communist Party of Britain (NCPB)
- Communist Party of Canada
- Socialist Workers’ Party of Croatia
- Communist Party of Bohemia and Moravia (KCSM)
- Unified Communist Party of Georgia
- German Communist Party
- Hungarian Communist Workers’ Party
- Communist Party of Ireland
- Workers’ Party of Ireland
- Party of Italian Communists (PdCI)
- Socialist Party of Latvia
- Lebanese Communist Party
- Socialist People’s Front, Lithuania
- Communist Party of Malta
- Communist Party of Mexico
- Popular Socialist Party of Mexico
- Palestinian People’s Party
- Communist Party of Pakistan
- Peruvian Communist Party
- Communist Party of Poland
- Communist Party of the Russian Federation
- Communist Workers Party of Russia – Revolution Party of Communists (RKRP-RPC)
- Communist Party of Soviet Union
- Communist Party of Slovakia
- Communist Party of the Peoples of Spain (PCPE)
- Communist Party of Sweden (SKP)
- Communist Party of Turkey (TKP)
- South African Communist Party
- Union of Communists of Ukraine
- Communist Party USA (CPUSA)
- Communist Party of Venezuela
- Belorussian Communist Workers’ Party
- Communist Party of Great-Britain-ML
- Pole of Communist Rebirth in France (PRCF)
- l’Union révolutionnaire des Communistes de France (URCF)
- Communist Network (Rete dei Comunisti), Italy
- Communist Party of the Philippines
- Communist Party (KP), Sweden
- Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), USA